Wednesday, July 17, 2019

"...How does your garden grow?"


We've always kept a garden. My very first blog posts spoke of how I remember walking through the garden as a little girl. Growing up, I remember my mom and grandma canning and "putting up" the harvest from our gardens. That is something I continued as a keeper of my own home. My husband, kids and I have always enjoyed gardening and we're excited to have the opportunity to grow things once again.

Over the years we have had big gardens, multiple small gardens, raised bed gardens...we would grow things however and where-ever we could. Here, at our little rent house, we have wide massive views but don't have much yard space. We've still managed to put in a few beds for vegetables, herbs and some flowers. We have been enjoying fresh squash and cucumbers galore! There isn't much better than a fresh cucumber right off the vine. We are finally getting some tomatoes, so little cherry tomatoes have been a regular at lunch time.

It has been so nice to be able to end our day walking around our little yard, watering the garden, enjoying the breeze and taking in the beautiful views. Hearing nothing but the wind blowing and the crickets chirping. Simple pleasures..






"He who shares joy in what he's grown, spreads joy abroad and doubles his own."
                                                                         ~Unknown 



No comments:

Post a Comment