Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Camper Living




   It's been a while since I've posted and there's much to update. Our home sold to a nice young family who we hope enjoys loving and living there as much as we did. We made the move to our new destination about a month ago. We're living in our RV right now at a quiet little campground while we wait. Wait on closing on our new place. We found an old farm that is just waiting for someone to bring it back to life. It chose us. We're in the process of purchasing it now and if all goes well we will be closing within the next week or so. Details to come.

Camper living...yes we're doing it. There are folks in our family that think we're crazy, think we'll freeze, and think I'll pull my hair out. There have been a couple of times that I've questioned myself but actually it's not that bad. We are keeping the bare minimal as far as clothes, dishes, books... Everything else is in storage and we'll rotate items as needed. Organization is a must. I hate clutter so we have to work hard at staying tidy and orderly. Schooling, bath time, cooking.. these can all be a challenge but we're working together and making it happen. I met a lady at church last Sunday who has eight children and one on the way and guess what? They are living in a camper! If they can do it we surely can! So, onward we go!

I've been asked if we're homesick. Yes and no. Up to now I personally have been doing ok. Yes, I've missed seeing my family who lived near us. We are used to seeing them on a regular basis so that is taking some getting used to. And we're much further from the rest of our family who we already had many miles between us and now there's even more. So this will all take some adjusting. But actually "homesick" I haven't been. Until this morning. I had a friendly reminder of what we left behind by my daughter's pet cockatiel who started the day with "whip-poor-will, whip-poor-will..." You see, on nice days Cocoa would spend time on the front porch enjoying the company of the many wild birds that made our place their home. He began mimicking many of them. His favorite? The Whip-poor-will. This morning while Cocoa was singing his borrowed song I got a little ache for home. I missed waking up to a quiet house and walking to my front door to greet the morning. I'd see the sun peaking through the leaves of my trees and hear the birds singing their morning songs. It was my favorite time of day. There it was...homesickness. It rose up and then it was gone. Then it came again, and then it was gone again. It was like little waves of sadness. But, I know that the Lord has great things for us. He's never led us astray and He won't start now. So when I feel these little aches for home I will pick my head up and look to the future that God has for us. I know it's filled with greatness or He wouldn't have brought us here.


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11




No comments:

Post a Comment