Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Home, home on the range....




    After spending a great week with our family at the Houston Livestock Show we are finally home. Even if you are having a much needed time away from home, there's nothing like pulling in your drive after all that time away.

    For a while now I have been having a problem with looking over the fence at greener pastures. Dreaming of all we could do with a little more land. Not being satisfied. All though I feel that there is nothing wrong with wanting to move forward and making your dreams a reality, I'm finding that you can let these things consume you. Then you become somewhat ungrateful for the things God has blessed you with. This being said I feel like God has slapped me on the hand recently and I've been learning a lesson in contentment. We may not have acres and acres of land but we can do much with the little bit we have. We can live out our dreams right here on a smaller scale. And if the Lord decides to bless us with more down the road....wonderful. If not, I'm thankful for what we have and am determined to be successful right here. We will bloom where we're planted. In Matthew we're told that if we're faithful with little we'll be entrusted with much. That "much" isn't necessarily a lot of land or our dream home/farm but may be all the many things this little 3 acres provides for us. Produce, meat, eggs, milk...much. And even more than that...happiness. I love to sit and watch my children run through the yard and climb our many shade trees. I enjoy sitting out on my front porch on a nice day and listen to the millions of birds who have made a home on our peaceful little homestead. We have much love and happiness right here and for that I am forever grateful.

"If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own backyard."   - Dorothy
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love this. True contentment can only be found in the people and places you love the most. God, family, friends........home.

    ReplyDelete